form of research
– Albert Einstein
and as vital
Within this beautiful environment, our children are free to experience learning through play and discovery. Teachers make full use of their indoor, as well as outdoor, natural classroom, guiding the children in their social, physical, intellectual, spiritual, creative and emotional development.
Learning through discovery
Enjoying nature’s classroom
Against a backdrop of fauna and flora unique to Woodridge, the children learn to nurture their surroundings, all living things and each other. This exciting natural backdrop becomes a canvas for sporting activities, art, drama and self-discovery through play. Our passionate and dedicated staff work together as a team creating special memories for our children to value and treasure for years to come.
At Woodridge, we value an open and cooperative relationship between parents and staff. It is therefore important to ensure that the school has your correct contact details. All communication and calendar dates regarding sporting fixtures and school activities will be placed on the School Communicator. Follow the steps below to install the D6 School Communicator:
- Go to www.school-communicator.com/download.php
- From the DOWNLOADS page you can install it on both your mobile phone and computer – to install on your phone, select either App store, Google Play or Mobi Site and proceed with installation from those sites – for desktop installation, select South Africa from the dropdown list and type Woodridge when prompted to enter the school. Select MAC or WINDOWS to proceed with the installation.
Activities & Outings
- Ballet, Judo, Monkeynastix, Modern dancing
- Kindermusiek, Experi Buddies, Sandula kids
- Horse-riding, Swimming, Golf
It is important to us to make their experience at Woodridge a positive one which is why we have numerous “fun days” and outings for little ones to enjoy.
Other activities througout the year:
- Water fun day
- Valentine’s day picnic
- Van Staten’s River Mouth outing
- Holmeleigh farmyard outing
- Winter warmer day
Woodridge Equestrian Centre
The Woodridge Equestrian Centre offers a wide variety of schooled horses and ponies for the riders to train on. We have a full-size sand dressage/ show jumping arena on which our riders train on. Woodridge offers a limited amount of stabling for the student’s horses, with grass and shaded paddocks for the liveries.
The Woodridge Equestrian Centre offers the following lessons:
- Morning lessons are offered for parents on Wednesday and Friday mornings.
- Lessons for Grade 000 to Grade 00 are offered on Thursday mornings.
- Preparatory School riders have lessons from 13:00 onwards every day of the week.
- College students have lessons from 14:00 onwards every day of the week.
- The centre is open from 08:00 until 16:30 during the week.
Safe play time
Fun with friends
Aftercare takes place on Monday – Thursday from 12:30 to 16:30 and on Fridays it ends at 15:00.
The pupils are fully supervised at ALL TIMES and enjoy supervised free play. All our little ones are escorted to the buses and helped on board by the aftercare facilitator. The children have a full lunch at the College dining hall and are provided with a snack in the afternoon. Should you wish to make use of the aftercare facilities on a specific day, arrangements can be made with the class teacher.
Weavers (3-4 years old)
It is very important to us that our little ones experience a positive learning environment for them to feel comfortable, safe and at home. Our Weavers class is guided by a loving and caring teacher who only wants the best for her little ones. They are exposed to a number of different activities, helping and guiding them through the many challenges that our youngest learners face.
Children may forget what you say...
Swallows (Grade 00 4 – 5 years)
At Woodridge we realise that each child is unique and so is their method of learning. Our daily schedule is filled with various activities such as theme discussions, creative art time, fine and gross motor activities, music rings, educational games, free play etc. and our environment encourages the development of each learner helping and guiding them along the way.
It takes a big heart
Fun learning experiences
Robins (Grade R 5 – 6 years)
With Grade R comes a great responsibility. It is during this year that we lay the foundation for years to come. Our focus is on reading and writing, mathematics and teaching the learners the necessary life skills they will need to become independent and confident little individuals.
Teachers who love teaching,
Head of Pre-Primary
Cherin van Heerden
Grade R, Robins, 5-6 years
Grade R, Robins, 5-6 years
Grade 00, Swallows, 4-5 years
Grade 000, Weavers, 3 – 4 years
Van Staden's Pass Heights
Latitude: -33.916796 | Longitude: 25.203623