- Pre-School, Prep and College classrooms
- Prep and College Halls and College Lecture Theatre
- Prep and College Libraries
- Prep (1) and College (2) Computer laboratories
- Prep and College Music Blocks
- 4 x College Boarding Residences (2 boys and 2 girls)
- 3 x Prep Boarding Residences (1 boys, 1 girls, 1 co-ed for Grade 1-3 boys and girls)
Sport- & Outdoor Facilities
- 3 x Artificial Surface Fields (1 Main & 2 Mini Astro Turfs)
- 8 x Tennis Courts
- 2 x Squash Courts
- 3 x Swimming Pools
- 3 x Cricket Fields
- 4 x Rugby Fields
- 1 x Soccer field
- 5 x Netball Courts
- Mountain Bike Trails
- Trail Running Routes
- Archery Range
- Climbing Wall, Ropes Course and Assault Course
- School Rocks – Abseiling venue
- Nature Reserve
- Weights Room
- Equestrian Centre
- Horse riding eventing course
Clothing, Equipment- and Stationery Shop
The Woodridge Shop performs the following services to pupils, parents and local residents:
- The sales of all school uniform and sports garments required by the school.
- All stationery and art requirements, as well as basic camping items are available.
- A range of civilian bags and accessories adds flair and provides boarders and local residents with an opportunity to purchase fashionable items on site.
- The latest addition is a range of personal care items to meet the hygiene needs of boarders.
- Second-hand clothing is available and inquiries can be made at the shop with Miss Lee Bailey.
- The Lost Property Service is managed through the shop in conjunction with our security service. Please contact Miss Lee Bailey in this regard on 041 492 2406.
Card and cash payments are accepted, while a “pay-as-you-go” account can be arranged with the finance department.
New parents are required to contact Miss Tercia Davids prior to the purchase of a new uniform to arrange a suitable time. We encourage all local parents to purchase their uniform during November to avoid the January rush.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 041 492 2406
Shop hours during term:
Monday to Thursday: 08:00 – 16:00
Friday: 08:00 – 15:00
Shop hours relating to the start of term:
Thursday, 9 January: 8:30 – 14:30
Friday 10, January: 8:30 – 14:30
Monday, 13 January: 8:30 – 16:00
Tuesday, 14 January: 8:30 – 16:00
Start of Term 2: Monday 4 May: 12:00 – 16:00
Start of Term 3: Monday 31 August: 12:00 – 16:00
College tuck shop
Open weekdays from 10:30 – 11:30 and 14:30 – 15:30
Tuckshop is open during the week until 16:30 for any matches played on Knight field.
Open on weekends during sporting fixtures from 08:00 – 14:00 or until fixtures have ended.
Prep tuck shop – Woody’s Goodies
Monday and Wednesday 15:00 – 15:45
Friday 13:30 – 14:00
A well-equipped clinic manned by two qualified nursing sisters.
This is the School sickbay, situated opposite the Preparatory School offices.
Because young people sometimes try to avoid classes by visiting the Sanatorium, we have a strict policy regarding consulting hours. Pupils may consult the sister on duty as follows:
Monday – Friday
OPEN: 07:00 – 19:00, from Monday – Friday with a sister on call for emergencies at night and on weekends.
07:00 – 08:00: With a permission slip signed by the daily duty staff member/receptionist.
08:00 – 14:00: With a permission slip signed by the relevant subject teacher.
Break time: With a permission slip signed by the Period 4 subject teacher/receptionist.
14:00 – 15:00: With a permission slip signed by the daily duty staff member/receptionist.
15:00 – 16:30: With a permission slip signed by your sports coach and receptionist.
16:30 – 07:00: With the permission of the House Parent.
OPEN: 08:00 – 09:00 and 17:00 – 18:00
OPEN: 10:00 – 11:00 and 15:30 – 16:30
Pupils admitted to the Sanatorium are not allowed visitors (this includes chatting to friends at the windows). When pupils are in the Sanatorium for a long time, visiting is at the sister’s discretion and is limited to non-infectious patients only.
When visiting the Sanatorium, the nurses must be notified of ALL medication the pupil is using, as some drugs interact negatively with each other. All medicines are to be kept by the Sanatorium, or with the House Parent if the Sanatorium staff approve.
Pupils admitted to the SAN may not have any access to mobile phones/ computers/ ipods etc. from 08:00 – 16:00.
Dining hall meal times:
Breakfast is served at 06:45 for Prep boarders and at 07:15 for College boarders.
Lunch is served from 12:00 for Prep pupils and at 14:00 for College pupils.
Supper is served at 17:30 for Prep boarders and at 18:00 for College boarders.
BREAKFAST: Healthy / Normal / Vegetarian / Fruit / Section of hot and cold cereals / Tea & Coffee
LUNCH: Healthy / Normal / Vegetarian / Alternative or special meal for any pupil with special dietary requirements, as supported by a medical professional.
SUPPER: Healthy / Normal / Vegetarian (a balanced meal is provided) Tea / Coffee / Juice
Brown, white and seed loaves are available with every meal.
We only use 2% low fat milk.
There are always fruit available for mealtimes or during the day.
A selection of salads are also available at lunch and supper.
Selection of spreads available.
Pupils must be on time and remember their manners at all times.
Pupils must enter the dining hall in an orderly fashion and refrain from noisy or unruly behaviour.
Every pupil must scrape and stack their own crockery and cutlery used
Footwear must be worn but no studs/spikes.
No hats to be worn
No Earphones or cell phones allowed in the dining hall
Girls must be appropriately dressed.
Van Staden's Pass Heights
Latitude: -33.916796 | Longitude: 25.203623